new to this.....

Support in english
ryanmac

new to this.....

Post by ryanmac »

Hi all

I am new to the forum and have a few questions.

I plan to fit this to my vr6 corrado and I think it fits all the things I am looking for oil temp, oil press, afr etc. My questions are:

Can you use the uno or mega over the duemilanove? is there any benefits if you do?

Can I use a 7" tft lcd instead of the 20*4 lcd?

I think thats it. Hopefully i'll be ordering the boards in the next few days and be getting stuck into this...

Cheers

Ryan
designer2k2
Administrator

Re: new to this.....

Post by designer2k2 »

The UNO will work!

If you want to use the Mega, you will have to take the Seeeduino Mega, as the official Arduino Mega is to big...

a 7"tft will not work, Arduino´s do not have enough power to drive such a big Screen...
itsmyfault...
ryanmac

Post by ryanmac »

thanks for the reply.

So just to check all I need is the sensor boards bought from the site, 20*4 lcd, and an uno?

Do I need to buy all the resistors etc that are in the parts list?

With regards to the tft display would it not work if i had the tft and control board and used a vga module between the arduino and tft so I wouldn't actually be using the arduino to control the tft only to display the graphics
designer2k2
Administrator

Post by designer2k2 »

You also need all the items in the partlist!

Do you want to show the values like this: http://www.ecarpc.de/index.php?goto=typical ?
itsmyfault...
ryanmac

Post by ryanmac »

Yeah it would have been nice to show the values like that but I reckon that is going to be out the scope of my ability, Unless you know of an easy way.....

The 20*4 will fit nicely in my coraddo dash though.