Data Logger only

Support in english
hotrodder

Data Logger only

Post by hotrodder »

Hey all. Ive been thinking over the past few days of building a data logger for my Dragster using an arduino base, and thankfully I have come across this site.It looks like you already capture a lot of the data im after. My plan is to simply capture to sd card, no display at all. Variables I want to store include:
Engine RPM - This would need to be captured off the ignition coil as my car runs mechanical fuel injection - max 7500 revs, 8 cylinders
Exhaust Gas temperature - I would like to capture this from a single cylinder on both banks - my dragster runs "Zoomie" headers which are basically stubs coming directly off each of the 8 cylinders.
Driveshaft RPM - I figured this could maybe be captured using a hall effect sensor - car has no suspension so should be relatively easy to mount
Throttle position - Id need to do this via a potentiometer hooked up to the throttle pedal
Oil Pressure
Transbrake - I have an on / off switch linked to the gearbox that electronically locks the car in 1st and reverse to allow me to get the engine up to 5000rpm before launch
Im looking to capture at 100hz - does this sound possible? I have no experience with an arduino or electronics, I am however a computer programmer by trade.
designer2k2
Administrator

Re: Data Logger only

Post by designer2k2 »

Hello,

SD card logging is simple: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=62

all signals you want can be read without a problem directly into the MD!

the 100hz is a tricky one, 50hz is currently the speed, if you reduce the amount of sensors to read to only your values it will increase, but how much must be testet.
with some software tweaking i think going close to the 100hz is possible!

with programming skills that should be not a big deal :)
itsmyfault...
bofh

Re: Data Logger only

Post by bofh »

If you dont need a display you could gain some speed by disabling the LCD related stuff.