Newbie question?

Support in english
bme30

Newbie question?

Post by bme30 »

For starters thanks alot for sharing your project to us all, it has been a real inspiration for me and also a starting point.

I have recently decide to build this project for my car and already bougt an arduino duemilanove and at the moment i have almost all the components necessary to build it (just waiting for the LCD and some other small things), hopefully without much problem, but on the other hand all the programing classes that i have taked many years ago starts to fade in my mind and therefore i'm having some troubles trying to figure out how do i upload all the firmware.

Therefore the question after get all the code ready do i upload everything direcly to the arduino ?

I know that this must be a stupid question for someone with more knowlege then me but i don't have mutch practice yet so be nice to me :D

well i hope you guys help me figure this out because i realy love to have that pumping on my ride :mrgreen:
AK47

Re: Newbie question?

Post by AK47 »

try this ;) its german but google can help u :D
http://translate.google.de/translate?hl ... 4%26t%3D19
bme30

Post by bme30 »

Thanks it as helped allot but now i keep gettin some error wen i try to compile the code
on function page i get this

md_002p0.cpp: In function 'int read_adc(int)':
functions:132: error: 'digitalWriteF' was not declared in this scope
functions:138: error: 'digitalWriteF' was not declared in this scope
functions:145: error: 'digitalReadF' was not declared in this scope

i have already looked around and even in the arduino playgroun forum but i can't figure it out :? :cry:
does anyone else had that problem ??
my set up is already build and this keeps buggim me now that is almost done, hope that you guys can help with this.
AK47

Post by AK47 »

i only uploaded the code with a program no problems..
there are nothing to compile i think
designer2k2
Administrator

Post by designer2k2 »

simplest fix is to just remove the F from it, then it uses the normal arduino functions...

for the F functions you need to replace the core files with the ones from here: http://code.google.com/p/multidisplay/s ... ibs%2Fcore

the F stands for Fast, they are slightly faster as the normal ones :)
itsmyfault...
bme30

Post by bme30 »

Problem solved :D thanks :respect: and the code its all inn now.

Today i have finished sodering all the components and i have made my first test run.
the display starts, shows the logo, the shift light lights up and then junps to the first screen (the one with Lambda, LD, MAx)

And with my fist run i found my first bug, when i press the buttons nothing hapens.

I have now started to look aroun trying to find the problem, already checked circuit, ic position, looks fine and i have readed the AK47 thread on deutsch suport about the buttons
i'm afraid that the ic has burned or something, well lets hope not. :rip:
bme30

Post by bme30 »

Well and the search continues, i have already checked the circuit for short circuit points and i have also build into the bread board to see if i could find the problem, but still nothing.
Yesterday i have build a new pcb to see if that way i can find something and already ordered new ic's.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong ? :?

The pcb's look fine and i took extra precautions building the second one, i will try with the new ic's as soon as they arrive to see i that is the problem.
designer2k2
Administrator

Post by designer2k2 »

can you share pictures from your boards? highest resolution you can get... top and bottom side please...

with them we can start debugging ;)
itsmyfault...
bme30

Post by bme30 »

yes i can do that, but i will wait for the new ic and then if the problem continues then i'll post some pictures.
for my calculation the new ic will arrive next wednesday/thursday.
bme30

Post by bme30 »

Problem solved.
Today the new ic's have arrived and after chanching the ic the buttons finaly start to work, somehow the ic got burned.
i will now proceed with more testing to see if everything is fine.
tanks!