rAtTrax with MUI, SpinOFF All-in-one

Whats currently going on / was gerade passiert
landracer

Re: rAtTrax or rAceTrax with MUI, SpinOFF All-in-one

Post by landracer »

In getting all the electronics assembly equipment, I figured my projects deserve a fighting chance. So why not? All that stuff, it was practically free, I couldn't say no. For the money invested, I'm only out a few beers ;) :beer:

Anyhow, as for the cold junction compensation(Seebeck effect/ice point). I've made 2 different boards now. With 2 different locations. and to be honest, in order to really see the difference I'd have to setup 10 units of each board, each running 8 thermocouples and do some sort of testing to see what kind of drift/offset/indifference is present. But from one design to the next, the number(s) are solid and right inline with my RacePak garbage that I've since retired...

As for the case and board. I made that First Willy-Nilly board a few years ago. Which gave me a refined idea from that retarded idea. So, I ended up with all this. Could it be better? yea... Could it be worse? Oh yea, no questions. But It seems nicely encapsulated so far. These custom aluminum cases provide an ideal housing and environment for the electronics. So I'll be running these in ANY and ALL future projects I encounter. Thanks for inspiring this project! It's been so enjoyable to work on. It's kept my mind very busy, to say the least.

June 17th and 18th 2017 @ The Colorado spring Airport. 1/2 mile(.8km) shootout. will be the first time out in the race car, all by it's lonesome... Time to do some dirty and get Multi-Display out to the masses! :respect:
typ155sportline

Post by typ155sportline »

What did the results bring last weekend in Colorado spring Airport ?
Did the racecar run well ?

Also very curious about status of rattrack for the masses.
landracer

Post by landracer »

@typ155sportsline- I'll do the best I can answering all that.

(Days before our event) Was hot-rodding around the block. Had a tensioner issue, belt skipped and well the rest is history. Dropping a valve eating up a mighty fine engine.... So we never made the race :( Sucks considering that cost some serious $$$$$, That & I just don't have more $$$$$ laying around. So a big, big, fail on our end. PatriotLSR never saw any track time. Shes a rocket-ship though. We are working together a new engine, then back to the dyno. The next event we are shooting for is the the Colorado Mile out at the Front Range airport, September 8th thru the 10th 2017. Here are some picture's of her mostly wrapped up.

As for availability to the general public/masses? Well, I've got to do another run of boards. Considering I've changed things around a bit. There were simply far to many issues present with the current design. So it might be a bit before I can catch-up on things to allow for another run@ things. Depending on interest, I might consider doing a few batch BETA runs with the current crap-o I already have. But I don't want to put a turd on anyones plate. Honestly, I've posted most all the work in a few pictures inside a Google album. Anyone can see the current situation. It all depends on if you are a savvy affluent, and want to deal with BETA...?

Anyhow, thats it in a nutshell.... Sorry no glory new's :( I know sad and heart-breaking, well at-least it was for us....

Link to rAtTrax google album https://goo.gl/photos/6gskD3Cvrehzi4jRA

Thanks again for everything guys!!! :respect:
landracer

Post by landracer »

MultiDisplay has a new best MPH 198.59mph or 319.59km/h :D :D

In-car video of MultiDisplay doing it's thing....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yST3XDj3yqzy5kmu7

So I have here the 198.60mph challenge... IF you have something beyond unique, or 200mph capable, with official time slips. & You want a better data/display and logger solution? YOU run the MD/rAtTrax name, I'll give a data logger unit and provide support (maybe contractual). Oh man! all the wires you can ditch... No more ugly ass gauges. A clean UI... A 'spaceship like' cockpit might be to much for your average racer, but if it's not, I'd like to talk with you... I also do custom head units, if need be. But that's is a whole other ball-game... :evil:

If you are interested in this brawny challenge, and you know how to use google-mail? @
rattrax.data.loggers

I will also support any of the original MDv2 build's, just hit me up.... same address, problem/issues/desired solution, that kinda thing. We'll make it happen. Build one folks, you'll learn alot... No seriously! DIY! anyhow. Get out and go fast folks!

designer2k2
Administrator

Post by designer2k2 »

This is so awesome 8-)

Congratulations!!! :beer:
itsmyfault...
typ155sportline

Post by typ155sportline »

Awesome, great news đź‘Ť
landracer

Post by landracer »

This is a port of another app, native android. Just a preview..(does NOT interface with MD yet) Far from done. Like super far.... But as I get this ticking with MD code, I'll post post this code to github. MIT license. anyone with a working Android SDK and a working MD unit want to help...? Hit me up, same address as above.

AndroUI - is what I've called it... Might as well have 2 platforms for MD/rAtTrax. I'm not super happy with how QT works, it seems like a fight every time I am looking to move forward. LET alone make it compliant for the Google Play store, that's truly laughable. SO I'm looking to have this working by christmas.. hahahahahahahaha... "hence working" it'll need massive polish. BUT as you can see a decent start to a long term nightmare

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iyvbPJ ... sp=sharing